BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The No. 8 Birmingham-Southern baseball team picked up two more wins today at home, defeating Greenville College, 15-5, and Transylvania University, 8-0, at Striplin Field.
BSC moved to 5-1, while Greenville fell to 0-3 and Transy fell to 1-1.
BSC VS. GREENVILLE
- BSC got off to a quick start, scoring five runs in the top of the first courtesy of a two-RBI single by freshman Tyler Hamel and a three-RBI triple by sophomore Brayden Housel.
- An RBI single by junior Sam Roberts in the bottom of the second put BSC up 6-0 before Greenville got on the board in the top of the third with a single run.
- BSC added five more in the bottom of the third on RBI singles from juniors Jacob Drescher and Jack Rhodes, and a three-run double by senior Matt Brown, pushing the lead to 11-1.
- The lead expanded to 14-1 in the bottom of the fourth on a Drescher RBI double and two-run single by freshman Chuck Soileau.
- Greenville was able to score four runs in the top of the seventh to cut it to 14-5.
- An RBI single by junior David Scott in the bottom of the eighth expanded the lead to 10 to end the game early.
- Junior Easton Fuller started on the mound and gave up three hits and one earned run with four strikeouts to pick up the win.
- Freshman Preston White, sophomore Ethan Curvin, freshman Alex Hans, and freshman Rich Misischia also saw action.
BSC VS. TRANSY
- A Roberts RBI single in the bottom of the first put the Panthers up 1-0.
- An RBI single by Scott and run scored on a wild pitch put BSC up 3-0 in the bottom of the fifth.
- BSC added three more in the bottom of the sixth, scoring on an error, a wild pitch, and a Housel RBI single.
- Brown and Hamel recorded RBIs in the bottom of the seventh to put the Panthers up 8-0 for the final runs of the game.
- Junior Stephen Himic picked up the win after throwing eight scoreless innings and giving up only two hits while striking out 11 batters. Freshman Vincent Torres came in for the final inning.
- The Panthers will face Transylvania again tomorrow at noon.