BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The No. 3 Birmingham-Southern baseball team lost at home Friday evening to Millsaps, 3-0, in game one of a conference series at Striplin Field.
The Panthers fell to 18-6 overall and 7-3 in the Southern Athletic Association with their third straight loss. The Majors moved to 12-10 overall and 6-4 in the SAA.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Majors' first run of the game was in the top of the third on an RBI single from Connor Woodal.
- Two of Millsaps' three runs were scored on BSC errors in the top of the seventh, with the Panthers committing three miscues in the game.
- BSC got runners to third in four different innings, but were ultimately unable to score, leaving 12 runners on base for the game.
- The Panthers recorded seven hits, led by lead-off batter senior Taylor McCracken who was 2-of-4.
- Junior Ryan Gaines (6-1) suffered his first loss of the year, giving up 10 hits in eight innings with seven strikeouts.
- The teams will face off again tomorrow in a noon doubleheader at Striplin Field.