BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Three Birmingham-Southern College men's golfers were named Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholars by the Golf Coaches Association of America. Tanner Dixon (Hoover, Ala./Hoover HS), Torben Krieger (Ruppichteroth, Germany/Bodelschwingh-Gymnasium Herchen), and Patrick Newsom (Decatur, Ala./Decatur HS) were among the 41 recognized in all of NCAA Division III.
The organization describes the All-America Scholars as having "high moral character." Each recipient must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Must be a junior or senior academically
- Compete in at least three full years at the collegiate level
- Participate in 50-percent of his team's competitive rounds
- Have a stroke-average under 79 in Division III
- Maintain a minimum cumulative career grade point average of 3.20.