Men's Lacrosse announces 2013 incoming class
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.–The Birmingham-Southern men's lacrosse program will welcome 13 new players to the Hilltop this fall..
Head Coach Casey Kear is excited to announce the incoming freshmen class of 2017.
The incoming class consists of:
- Ethan Arnold - Midfield - Wartrace, Tenn. (Webb School)
- A.J. Clark - Defense - Brentwood, Tenn. (Brentwood HS)
- Turner Collins - Midfield - Birmingham, Ala. (Altamont School)
- Robert Dozier - Defense/Long Stick Midfield - Jacksonville, Fla. (Episcopal School)
- Thomas Grove - Midfield - Charlotte, N.C. (Ardrey Kell HS)
- Hank Harris - Goalkeeper - Marietta, Ga. (Sprayberry HS)
- Miles Laughlin - Attack - Johns Creek, Ga. (Wesleyan School)
- Ben Marshall - Defense - Memphis, Tenn. (White Station/Ridgeway HS)
- Matt Musser - Attack/Midfield - Indianapolis, Ind. (Cathedral HS)
- Sawyer Page - Midfield - Marietta, Ga. (Sprayberry HS)
- Justin Session - Defense/Long Stick Midfield - Atlanta, Ga. (Holy Innocents Episcopal)
- McHale Schneider - Midfield - Roswell, Ga. (Roswell HS)
- Morgan Schneider - Defense - Hoover, Ala. (Hoover HS)
"I'm excited about this new group of recruits coming to the Hilltop this fall," Kear said. "The short sticks are all accomplished, including standout offensive midfielder McHale Schneider and Senior All-Star midfielder Thomas Grove, who is also an accomplished hockey player. Sawyer Page is also a Senior All-Star and two-way midfielder who is fast between the box lines.
"Ethan Arnold is a top-15 scorer in the state of Tennessee with 50 points. Matt Musser had 57 points to lead his team at attack, and his team won the 2013 state title. Miles Laughlin has been a consistent scorer at attack this season, and long stick midfielder Justin Session is an athletic riding long pole.
"Robert Dozier is a fast long stick midfielder off the wings of faceoffs. A.J. Clarke is a standout close defenseman, and Morgan Schneider led his team at defense to the state championship this past season. Hank Harris is an athletic goalie who I'm looking forward to working with."