MONTGOMERY, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern men's lacrosse team used a big second half to defeat Huntingdon on the road, 9-3, Wednesday evening at Samford Stadium in Montgomery, Ala.
The Panthers moved to 3-1, while the Hawks fell to 5-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams traded goals in the first and second quarters for a 2-2 tie at the half.
- BSC came out strong in the third, scoring three straight to pull ahead 5-2 before the Hawks added one more for their final goal of the game.
- The Panthers scored four unanswered in the fourth to pull up 9-3 for the victory.
- Sophomore Justin Dennis and freshman Davis Thompson led with two goals apiece.
- Senior Evan Lalande picked up six ground balls, and junior Robert Dozier led with four caused turnovers.
- The Panthers return home for their next game on Saturday, March 5, hosting Ferrum at 1 p.m. on Battle Field at Krulak Stadium.