Mar 05, 2016
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern men's lacrosse team defeated Ferrum College at home Saturday afternoon, winning 12-8 on Battle Field at Krulak Stadium.
The Panthers moved to 4-1, while Ferrum fell to 3-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ferrum scored a quick goal off the first face-off, going up 1-0 just 20 seconds into the game.
- BSC evened it at 1-1 at the 9:32 mark of the first quarter on a goal by sophomore Peyton Heard.
- BSC outscored Ferrum 3-0 in the second quarter and led 4-1 at the half; all three goals involved freshman Tanner Schneider, as he scored one and assisted the other two.
- Ferrum opened the third quarter with four straight goals, pulling ahead 5-4 with 3:50 left in the third.
- BSC answered with three straight to end the quarter and pull back ahead, 7-5, and BSC opened the fourth with two goals to pull up 9-5 by the 11:11 mark.
- Each team scored three more goals in the duration of the game, with BSC winning 12-8.
- Heard led with three goals, while Schneider, senior Evan Lalande, and sophomore David Arnold scored two goals each.
- Heard also led with seven ground balls, and sophomore Keenan Hudsmith led with eight face-off wins.
- Junior goalie Hank Harris recorded 12 saves in 60 minutes of work, facing 20 shots.
- BSC is back at home this Tuesday, March 8, hosting Greensboro College at 6 p.m.