BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—Led by freshman Tanner Schneider with four goals, the Birmingham-Southern men's lacrosse team defeated Greensboro, 11-5, Tuesday evening on Battle Field at Panther Stadium.
The Panthers won their fourth straight game, moving to 5-1, while the Pride fell to 1-6.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- BSC scored the first two goals of the game, and led 4-1 at the end of the first quarter, with Schneider recording a hat trick in the first period alone.
- Each team scored once in the second, and the Panthers led 5-2 at the half.
- BSC out-scored the Pride two to one the rest of the way, leading 9-4 at the end of the third and then 11-5 at the end of regulation.
- Schneider ended up with four goals, followed by his brother, junior McHale Schneider, as well as freshman Davis Thompson with three apiece.
- Thompson also led with five ground balls.
- Sophomore Justin Dennis had three assists.
- Junior goalie Hank Harris played the entire game and recorded 10 saves.
- The Panthers open Southern Athletic Association action this Saturday, March 12, on the road, traveling to face Millsaps at 1 p.m.