CONWAY, Ark.—Senior Evan Lalande scored his second overtime game-winning goal of the season Saturday afternoon, helping the Birmingham-Southern men's lacrosse team down Hendrix, 9-8.
The Panthers moved to 10-3 overall and 3-2 in the Southern Athletic Association, while the Warriors fell to 6-8 overall and 2-3 in the SAA.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hendrix out-scored BSC 5-3 in the first two quarters, with two of the Panthers' goals coming from junior McHale Schneider and the third from Lalande.
- Each team scored once in the third quarter before the Panthers out-scored the Warriors 4-2 in the fourth, including the game-tying goal from Schneider with 23 seconds left on the clock to send the game to overtime.
- BSC won the opening face-off of the overtime period, and then got off two shots before Lalande scored the sudden-victory game-winner at the 2:19 mark.
- Schneider led all players with four goals.
- Sophomore Peyton Heard led BSC with five ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- Junior goalie Hank Harris recorded 11 saves in 61:41 of action.
- Today's win was BSC's second overtime win of the year, after defeating Rhodes, also by the score of 9-8, on March 19; Lalande scored the game-winner in that game as well.
- The Panthers travel to Atlanta on Friday, April 9, to face Oglethorpe at 4 p.m. EDT.