Sep 12, 2015
ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Birmingham-Southern men's soccer team moved to 4-0 on the season on Saturday with a 2-0 victory over Fontbonne University in St. Louis, Mo.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- BSC struck in the 32nd minute when junior Dallas Coyne played a ball up to junior center forward Patrick Erickson, who laid the ball off to onrushing junior outside forward Spencer Nichols. Nichols finished the left-footed goal on his first touch.
- The Panthers scored again in the 70th minute when junior outside back Chris Duffey made his way up the flank with the ball, connected with junior Dylan Rose, and received the ball back in the corner for a cross. Sophomore Adam Clausen finished the goal with a strong header to the upper right corner.
- Junior Marvin Castellanos recorded the shutout in goal for the Panthers, making three saves.
- "It was a difficult game against a solid Fontbonne team," Head Coach Preston Goldfarb said. "We finished our chances and I will take a 2-0 win on the road any day."
- BSC faces Washington University (Mo.) tomorrow at 7 p.m.