BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—Picking up its eighth win of the season, the Birmingham-Southern men's soccer team shut out LaGrange, 4-0, Wednesday evening on Preston Goldfarb Field.
BSC remains unbeaten at 8-0-1, while LaGrange fell to 0-8.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Birmingham-Southern struck early in the game, with junior Patrick Erickson scoring in the second minute of play off an assist from junior Josh Wild. It was Erickson's third goal of the year.
- Erickson would find the net again in the 25th minute, this time assisted by junior Chris Duffey.
- Freshman Brother Swagler scored his first collegiate goal in the 44th minute, assisted by freshman Tommy Rizzolli, to put BSC up 3-0 before halftime.
- Junior Dallas Coyne wrapped up the scoring in the 84th minute off an assist from junior LaBrandon Rachel.
- Coyne led BSC with four of its 14 shots.
- BSC out-shot LaGrange 14-8, 6-2 on-goal.
- A pair of freshman keepers both saw time for BSC, with Galen Curry starting and playing 79 minutes, recording two saves, before Will Meehan came in for the last 11 minutes.
- BSC took 10 corner kicks to LaGrange's one.
- The Panthers open Southern Athletic Association play this weekend, facing Millsaps on Saturday at noon in Jackson, Miss.