JACKSON, Miss.—The Birmingham-Southern men's soccer team suffered its first loss of the season on Saturday, falling to Millsaps, 3-1, in Jackson, Miss.
BSC fell to 8-1-1, while the Majors moved to 6-1. It was the Southern Athletic Association opener for both teams.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Millsaps scored in the 11th minute to get on the board first, and BSC tied it up in the 24th minute on a goal by junior Spencer Nichols, assisted by juniors Luke Etheridge and Patrick Erickson.
- The 1-1 tie stood until the 57th minute, when the Majors' Lukas Elmhammer scored to put Millsaps ahead.
- Javier Garcia scored in the 81st minute to put Millsaps up 3-1 for the final goal of the game.
- Millsaps out-shot BSC 12-3, 6-2 on-goal.
- Junior goalkeeper Marvin Castellanos recorded three saves.
- The Majors took eight corner kicks to BSC's one.
- The Panthers return home next Saturday, Oct. 3, hosting Rhodes at 11 a.m. on Preston Goldfarb Field at Berylson Park.