CONWAY, Ark.—After scoring the first goal of the game, the Birmingham-Southern men's soccer team gave up three Hendrix goals and lost, 3-1, in the regular season finale Saturday afternoon on Warrior Field.
The Panthers fell to 11-4-2 overall and 3-3-1 in the Southern Athletic Association, and the Warriors moved to 3-9-3 overall and 2-4-1 in the SAA.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Cody Santos scored within the first minute of the game off an assist from junior Spencer Nichols.
- Hendrix tied it up in the seventh minute, and pulled ahead in the 10th minute, taking the 2-1 lead into halftime.
- The Warriors added one more goal in the 75th minute to pull ahead 3-1.
- Junior goalkeeper Marvin Castellanos took the loss, recording five saves.
- BSC out-shot Hendrix 19-14, but shots-on-goal were even at 8-8.
- Nichols led the Panthers with five shots.
- BSC took seven corner kicks to Hendrix's one.
- The Panthers will host an SAA Championship quarterfinal match next Saturday, Oct. 31.
- The top four seeds in the regular season standings each host a quarterfinal match; BSC will finish either third or fourth, depending on the result of Sunday's match between Berry and Centre.