BSC Men’s Tennis Blanks Spring Hill, 9-0
The Panthers made quick work in the doubles to take a 3-0 lead into singles. Stewart Thrash and Sawyer Voges defeated Jacob Neu and Meyer Schwartzbert, 8-3 at No. 1 doubles and Christian Matthews and Tony DaMaia edged Sebastian Arias and Lee Leavitt, 8-5 at No. 2. Patrick Hire and Ben Reardon picked up BSC's third point with a default by SHC at No. 3.
BSC swept through the singles as well with Vogues defeated Schwartzberg 6-0, 6-0 at No. 1. Matthews won in three sets over Neu, 6-7, 6-2, 6-3 at No. 2 and Hire won in straight sets over Arian 6-3, 6-2 at No. 3. DaMaia won 6-0, 6-1 over Leavitt and Blake Nuwayhid eased past Amanor 6-1, 6-1 at No. 5. Reardon was credited with a win at No. 6 by default.
BSC returns to action on Friday, March 28 against SAA member Hendix College at 10:30 a.m. in Conway, Ark.
Men's Tennis Match Results
Birmingham-Southern vs. Spring Hill College
Mar 14, 2013 at Orange Beach, Ala.
Birmingham-Southern 9, Spring Hill College 0
1. Sawyer Voges (BSC) def. Meyer Schwartzberg (SHC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Christian Matthews (BSC) def. Jacob Neu (SHC) 6-7, 6-2, 6-3
3. Patrick Hire (BSC) def. Sebastian Arias (SHC) 6-3, 6-2
4. Tony DaMaia (BSC) def. Lee Leavitt (SHC) 6-0, 6-1
5. Blake Nuwayhid (BSC) def. Wil Amanor (SHC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Ben Reardon (BSC) def. No player (SHC), by default
1. Stewart Thrash/Sawyer Voges (BSC) def. Jacob Neu/Meyer Schwartzberg (SHC) 8-3
2. Christian Matthews/Tony DaMaia (BSC) def. Sebastian Arias/Lee Leavitt (SHC) 8-5
3. Patrick Hire/Ben Reardon (BSC) def. No player/No player (SHC), by default
Spring Hill College 3-4