JACKSON, Miss.—The No. 17 Birmingham-Southern softball team dropped game three of a conference series against Millsaps on Wednesday, losing 1-0 in Jackson, Miss.
The Panthers fell to 18-5 overall and 8-1 in the Southern Athletic Association, while the Majors moved to 14-12 overall and 3-3 in the SAA.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Millsaps defense was strong, holding BSC to just two hits for the game, which both came in the first inning.
- After the Panthers got a runner to third in the top of the first inning, the Majors retired 12 straight BSC batters.
- Millsaps' game-winning run was in the bottom of the second on a home run by Rayner LeBlanc.
- Junior Taylor Harkins (9-2) took the loss after starting and throwing five innings, giving up seven hits with four strikeouts.
- Freshman Haley Crumpton threw the final inning and gave up two hits with two strikeouts.
- BSC travels to face Berry in a three-game series this weekend, with a noon EDT doubleheader on Friday and a single game, also at noon, on Saturday.