BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The No. 17 Birmingham-Southern softball team got two non-conference wins at home on Tuesday afternoon, shutting out Louisiana College in two games, 4-0 and 3-0, at BSC Softball Park.
The Panthers moved to 22-6, while the Wildcats fell to 16-10.
- BSC scored single runs in the first, third, fourth, and sixth innings.
- Two of those came courtesy of home runs from freshman Savannah Lee and junior Torrie Garner.
- Junior Amanda Ballew and Lee both went 2-of-3 at the plate.
- Junior Taylor Harkins (12-2) threw the complete-game shutout, giving up five hits and one walk with five strikeouts.
- The Panthers scored all three of their runs in the bottom of the sixth, thanks to an RBI single from Ballew, an RBI triple from Garner, and an RBI double from junior Alex Skene.
- Freshman Leah White (3-0) got the win, pitching the fifth and sixth innings and giving up two hits.
- Freshman Peighton Ponder started in the circle and threw the first four innings, allowing two hits with two strikeouts.
- Harkins came in for the seventh and got her first save of the year.
- Freshman Haley Crumpton was 2-of-3 at the plate, while freshman Catherine Coffey was 2-of-2.
- BSC travels to Sewanee, Tenn., this weekend for a three-game series against Sewanee, with a single game on Saturday at 3 p.m. followed by a noon doubleheader on Sunday.