BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern track and field teams competed at the Emory CrossPlex Invitational on Sunday at the Birmingham CrossPlex, with the men finishing seventh and the women ninth.
The men were seventh in the field of 18 teams, and the women were ninth among 19 teams.
On the women's side, notable finishes included:
- Harper DeWine, T-1st, Pole Vault (3.25m)
- Earen Robinson, 2nd, Shot Put (11.44m)
- Earen Robinson, 2nd, Weight Throw (14.77m)
- Emory Builta, 5th, Weight Throw (12.28m)
- Sage Jordan, 7th, 400m (1:01.24)
- Karmin Shute, 10th, 200m (26.30)
- Emory Builta, 11th, Shot Put (10.09m)
- Margot Woolverton, 14th, Mile (5:39.20)
And for the men, highlights included:
- Scott Lewis, 2nd, Long Jump (6.71m)
- Kameren Morgan, 2nd, Weight Throw (14.53m)
- Cameron Luster, 3rd, High Jump (1.90m)
- David Campbell, 4th, Pole Vault (4.10m)
- Jake Anderson, 5th, Pole Vault (3.80m)
- Christopher Roberts, 5th, 5K (15:48.74)
- Jamal Watkins, 7th, 60m (7.01)
- Garrett Talley, 8th, 800m (2:00.21)
- Jamal Watkins, 11th, 200m (22.86)
- Foster Johnstone, 14th, 800m (2:02.18)
- Kameren Morgan, 14th, Shot Put (11.29m)
The Panthers are back in action in two weeks, traveling to the ETSU Buccaneer Invitational, Feb. 5-6 in Johnson City, Tenn., and the Tiger Indoor Invitational, Feb. 6 in Sewanee, Tenn.