SEWANEE, Tenn.—The Birmingham-Southern men were third and the women were fifth on Saturday at the Tiger Indoor Invitational, hosted by Sewanee in Sewanee, Tenn.
The men were third in a field of 11 teams, while the women were fifth in a field of 10.
There were three first-place finishes on the men's side, including two from freshman Cameron Luster, who won the high jump with a mark of 1.93 meters and the triple jump with a mark of 12.73 meters. Sophomore Jamal Watkins also won the 200-meter dash with a time of 22.95 seconds.
Other men's highlights included:
- Jamal Watkins - 2nd - 55m (6.39)
- Michael Snow - 2nd - Shot Put (13.07m)
- Kameren Morgan - 2nd - Weight Throw (15.28m)
- Austin Rossie - 3rd - Weight Throw (14.38m)
- Jay Williams - 4th - Weight Throw (14.24m)
- Jonathan Kimbrough - 4th - 55m hurdles (8.13)
- Michael Snow - 5th - Weight Throw (14.08m)
- Kameren Morgan - 7th - Shot Put (12.20m)
- Cedric Campbell - 8th - High Jump (1.75m)
- Andrew Triplett - 10th - 400m (54.38)
- Javon Jones - 10th - Long Jump (5.86m)
For the women, sophomore Earen Robinson had two second-place finishes in the shot put and weight throw.
- Earen Robinson - 2nd - Shot Put (11.88m)
- Earen Robinson - 2nd - Weight Throw (15.72m)
- Karmin Shute - 3rd - 200m (26.92)
- Builta - 3rd - Weight Throw (12.99m)
- Sage Jordan - 5th - 400m (1:02.58)
- Karmin Shute - 7th - 55m (7.43)
- Emory Builta - 8th - Shot Put (9.53m)
- Alison Burns - 10th - 800m (2:48.17)
"We had a great showing from our athletes competing today," Head Coach Kenneth Cox said. "There were several season and personal bests from a variety of events, which is encouraging for our teams during this time of the year."
The teams are in action again on Saturday, Feb. 20, at the Sewanee Indoor Invitational.