SEWANEE, Tenn.—The Birmingham-Southern track and field teams turned in impressive performances today at the Sewanee Invitational, with both the men and the women winning the final meet of the regular season.
BSC had 10 top-three individual finishes, including four first-place finishes.
- Karmin Shute - 1st - 55m - 7.37
- 4x400m relay - 1st - 4:22.82 (Alison Burns, Sage Jordan, Karmin Shute, Erin Davis)
- Harper DeWine - 1st - Pole Vault - 3.10m
- Earen Robinson - 1st - Weight Throw - 14.71m
- Karmin Shute - 2nd - 200m - 26.37
- Sage Jordan - 2nd - 400m - 1:02.36
- Elise Pittman - 2nd - 3K - 11:16.47
- Markia Robinson - 2nd - 55m hurdles - 9.47
- Alysa Amberson - 2nd - High Jump - 1.50m
- Harper DeWine - 2nd - High Jump - 1.50m
On the men's side, BSC recorded 15 top-three finishes, winning eight events.
- Jamal Watkins - 1st - 55m - 6.45
- Jamal Watkins - 1st - 200m - 23.05
- Jonathan Kimbrough - 1st - 55m hurdles - 8.19
- Cameron Luster - 1st - High Jump - 1.95m
- Cameron Luster - 1st - Triple Jump - 12.90m
- Scott Lewis - 1st - Long Jump - 6.41m
- Michael Snow - 1st - Shot Put - 14.38m
- Snow - 1st - Weight Throw - 15.35m
- David Campbell - 2nd - Pole Vault - 3.90m
- Scott Lewis - 2nd - Triple Jump - 11.75m
- Austin Rossi - 2nd - Weight Throw - 14.20m
- Justin Peifer - 3rd - 3K - 9:47.91
- Cedric Campbell - 3rd - High Jump - 1.75m
- Kimbrough - 3rd - Long Jump - 6.03m
- Samir Usman - 3rd - Triple Jump - 11.08m
"From the start of the meet to our final event, our athletes competed at a high level today," Head Coach Kenneth Cox said. "They were dialed in and focused on making a difference and doing their very best in every way. This was a total team effort and I am proud to see our team finish so strong during the end of our indoor regular season."
The Panthers will compete at an indoor last chance qualifier on March 5 before opening the outdoor season on March 11-12, hosting the 'Southern Invitational at Krulak Stadium.