DEMOREST, Ga.—After falling behind 3-0 in the first 10 minutes, the Birmingham-Southern women's lacrosse team came back to win, 10-7, against Piedmont, Wednesday afternoon at Walker Athletic Complex.
The Panthers moved to 2-0, while the Lions fell to 3-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Piedmont scored three straight goals by the 20:55 mark to open the game.
- BSC responded with four goals to close out the half, including two from senior Amanda Amerson, to put BSC up 4-3 at halftime.
- The Panthers scored three goals to open the second half and go up 7-3, and BSC led 8-4 by the 20:06 mark.
- Piedmont scored twice to cut it to 8-6 with 15:59 left to play, but BSC out-scored the Lions 2-1 the rest of the way to win 10-7.
- Sophomore Ashley Shepherd led BSC with four goals.
- Amerson finished with two goals and two assists.
- Sophomore Natalie Daniel recorded a goal and two assists, and sophomore Brianna Studer posted two goals.
- Junior goalkeeper Chloe Massoni played all 60 minutes and made nine saves.
- Junior Hannah Hudson and freshman Annie Scierka led with four ground balls each.
- BSC returns home to face Rhodes this Saturday, Feb. 27, at noon.