BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern women's lacrosse team won big at home Tuesday afternoon, defeating Montevallo 21-7 on Battle Field at Krulak Stadium.
The Panthers moved to 6-1, continuing the best start in program history, while the Falcons fell to 4-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- BSC scored early and often, pulling ahead 4-0 within the first nine minutes and leading 10-4 at halftime.
- The Panthers opened the second half with five straight goals, extending an eight-goal streak, to pull ahead 15-4 with 23:15 left.
- BSC out-scored Montevallo 6-2 over the last 19:20 of the game.
- Sophomore Ashley Shepherd led BSC with six goals, followed by junior Hannah Hudson and freshman Katie Gleeson with four apiece.
- Freshman Annie Scierka led with six ground balls.
- Gleeson led with seven draw controls.
- Sophomore Chloe Massoni played all 60 minutes in goal and recorded six saves.
- Montevallo is a first-year NCAA Division II program, and the third university in the state to sponsor varsity women's lacrosse.
- BSC is at home again this Thursday, March 10, hosting Beloit at 5 p.m.