BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—After pulling ahead 11-0 in the first 13 minutes, the Birmingham-Southern women's lacrosse team cruised past LaGrange, 20-2, Tuesday evening on Battle Field at Krulak Stadium.
The BSC Panthers moved to 10-4, while the LaGrange Panthers fell to 1-13.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The BSC offense scored early and often, putting up five goals within the first seven minutes before going up 10-0 at the 19:27 mark to prompt the rolling clock rule.
- BSC led 11-0 before LaGrange scored its first goal, and the visitors put one more up with six seconds left in the half for a BSC lead of 12-2 at halftime.
- BSC out-scored LaGrange 8-0 in the second half.
- Sophomore Natalie Daniel led BSC with four goals, and senior Amanda Amerson and freshman Katie Gleeson added three apiece.
- Gleeson also led with five assists, while Amerson had four.
- Ten different Panthers scored at least one goal in the game.
- Junior Rachel Stokes led with five ground balls and four caused turnovers.
- Gleeson led all players with nine draw control wins.
- Sophomore Chloe Massoni played all 60 minutes in goal and recorded three saves.
- BSC wraps up regular season play this Saturday, April 16, traveling to face conference foe Sewanee in a 1 p.m. game in Sewanee, Tenn.
- The Panthers will begin post-season play next weekend, with the quarterfinals of the Southern Athletic Association Championship being played on Friday, April 22, hosted by the third and fourth seeds.