Sep 09, 2015
MONTGOMERY, Ala.—Two second-half goals lifted the Birmingham-Southern women's soccer team to a 2-0 victory over Huntingdon, Wednesday evening in Montgomery, Ala.
BSC moved to 3-1, while the Hawks fell to 1-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first half, the Panthers scored in the 62nd minute when senior Jessie Sperry recorded her fourth goal of the season off an assist from junior Bethany Kuerten.
- Less than two minutes later, freshman Taylor Andrews scored her second goal of the year, with an assist from junior Nicole Newton.
PANTHERS IN CONTROL
- BSC out-shot the Hawks 9-1 in the first half and 8-2 in the second half.
- Andrews led the Panthers with five shots.
- Huntingdon keeper Leah Leach recorded 10 saves, while Panther keepers, junior Ansley Tomlin and senior Katie Williams, did not face any shots on goal.
- BSC is at home this Saturday, Sept. 12, hosting Belhaven at 2 p.m. on Preston Goldfarb Field at Berylson Park.