BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern women's soccer team rebounded from two straight losses to shut out Agnes Scott College, 3-0, at home Wednesday evening on Preston Goldfarb Field.
The Panthers moved to 5-3, while the Scotties fell to 3-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- BSC got on the board in the 22nd minute when junior Nicole Newton scored her third goal of the season off an assist from sophomore Summer Rhynes.
- Newton recorded an assist on the next goal, feeding the ball to senior Sammy Manzo who scored her second goal of the year.
- After leading 2-0 at the half, the Panthers added their final goal of the game in the 86th minute when freshman McKenna Boyd scored her first collegiate goal.
- The Panthers out-shot the Scotties 20-2, 6-2 on-goal.
- Junior Ansley Tomlin started in goal for BSC and played the first half, recording one save.
- Freshman Katherine Kozera played the second half and also made one save.
- Manzo and senior Avery Newcomb led BSC with four shots apiece.
- BSC now leads the series against Agnes Scott, 6-0; all six games have been shutout wins for the Panthers.
- The Panthers open Southern Athletic Association play this weekend on the road, traveling to Jackson, Miss., to face Millsaps on Saturday at 2:30 p.m.