BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern women's soccer team lost at home Saturday, dropping its first conference match in a 2-0 loss to Rhodes on Preston Goldfarb Field.
The Panthers fell to 6-4 overall and 1-1 in the Southern Athletic Association, while the Lynx moved to 7-3-1 overall and 2-0 in SAA action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lynx got on the board late in the first half when Kelsey Sweeney scored in the 38th minute on a header off a corner kick from Addie Fargason.
- Rhodes added another goal in the 74th minute when Hannah Selner scored her third goal of the year off an assist from Emma Selner.
- Rhodes controlled the ball for much of the game, out-shooting BSC 20-3, 10-3 on-goal.
- All three of BSC's shots were on-goal.
- Senior goalkeeper Katie Williams made eight saves for the Panthers.
- Rhodes took seven corner kicks to BSC's one.
- The Panthers are on the road next weekend, traveling to Georgia to face Oglethorpe on Friday at 5 p.m. ET and Berry on Sunday at 2 p.m. ET.