ATLANTA, Ga.—With single goals scored in the first and second periods, the Birmingham-Southern women's soccer team shut out Oglethorpe, 2-0, Friday evening in Atlanta, Ga.
The Panthers moved to 7-4 overall and 2-1 in the Southern Athletic Association, while the Stormy Petrels fell to 1-7 overall and 0-3 in the SAA.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Sammy Manzo got BSC on the board in the 30th minute with her third goal of the season.
- Freshman Felicity Barnett pushed the lead to 2-0 in the waning minutes of the game, scoring her first collegiate goal with 5:34 left in the game.
- The Panthers out-shot the Petrels 23-5 (12-1 on-goal), led by junior Nicole Newton with seven shots.
- Senior Katie Williams tended the net for BSC, recording one save.
- BSC took six corner kicks, while OU had none.
- The Panthers stay in Georgia for their next game, facing Berry College on Sunday at 3 p.m. ET.