BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern women's tennis team, which is ranked 11th in the Atlantic South region, moved to 3-0 in the Southern Athletic Association this weekend with two wins at home.
BSC defeated Oglethorpe on Saturday and Berry on Sunday, both by the score of 8-1. The Panthers now stand at 10-3 overall and 3-0 in the SAA.
BSC VS. OGLETHORPE
- The Panthers swept all three doubles matches, with senior Sara Cohen and sophomore Carlee Petro winning at one doubles, 8-4, freshmen Isabella Wisener and McKenzie Courtney winning 8-5 at two doubles, and junior Mary Evelyn Carroll and freshman Mary Madison Taylor winning at three doubles, 8-2.
- BSC won at the top five singles positions as well, with Petro, Cohen, Wisener, Courtney, and Taylor winning.
BSC VS. BERRY
- BSC again swept all three doubles points, while Petro won at No. 1 singles, and Wisener, Courtney, Carroll, and Taylor won at singles three, four, five, and six.
- The Vikings are currently ranked 20th in the Atlantic South region.
- Petro moved to 11-2 in singles play this weekend, and has now won eight straight matches.
- Petro and Cohen now stand at 10-3 in doubles action.
- The Panthers travel to face Sewanee next Saturday, April 9, in Sewanee, Tenn., and Centre next Sunday, April 10, in Danville, Ky.