DANVILLE, Ky.—The Birmingham-Southern women's tennis team split in conference action on the road this weekend, losing to No. 10 Sewanee on Saturday, 9-0, before defeating Centre on Sunday, 6-3.
The Panthers moved to 11-4 overall and 4-1 in the Southern Athletic Association.
BSC VS. SEWANEE
- The 10th-ranked Tigers defeated BSC, who is ranked 11th in the Atlantic South region, at all three doubles and all six singles spots.
- The Tigers moved to 15-5 overall and 4-0 in the SAA.
BSC VS. CENTRE
- The Panthers won at two and three doubles, with freshmen McKenzie Courtney and Isabella Wisener winning at No. 2, 8-2, and junior Mary Evelyn Carroll and freshman Mary Madison Taylor winning at No. 3, 8-4.
- Sophomore Carlee Petro won at the top singles spot, and Courtney won at three singles, Carroll won at four, and Taylor won at five.
- The Colonels fell to 8-5 overall and 3-2 in the SAA.
- The Panthers are back at home next weekend, hosting Hendrix and Rhodes on Saturday and Sunday, both at 9 a.m. at the Ann Dielen Tennis Complex.