BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern women's tennis team picked up a conference win at home Saturday morning, defeating Hendrix, 7-2, at the Ann Dielen Tennis Complex.
The Panthers moved to 12-4 overall and 5-1 in the Southern Athletic Association, and are just a half-game behind No. 10 Sewanee (5-0) in the standings. The Warriors fell to 5-9 overall and 0-6 in the SAA.
- Senior Sara Cohen and sophomore Carlee Petro were victorious at the top doubles spot, 8-5, to move to 11-3 on the year.
- The freshman duo of McKenzie Courtney and Isabella Wisener won at two doubles, 8-3, moving to 11-4.
- At three doubles, junior Mary Evelyn Carroll and freshman Mary Madison Taylor combined to win 8-1 and move to 11-5.
- Petro won at the top singles position, 6-1,6-2, to move to 13-3 on the season.
- Courtney was victorious at three singles to move to 11-3, Taylor won at five singles, moving to 9-5, and sophomore Virginia Hammond won at six singles to move to 4-5 on the year.
- The Panthers, who are ranked 10th in the Atlantic South region, will face Rhodes tomorrow at 9 a.m. at the Dielen Tennis Complex.