BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The Birmingham-Southern volleyball team picked up a non-conference win at home Tuesday evening, sweeping LaGrange in Bill Battle Coliseum.
BSC moved to 12-2 on the season, while the LaGrange Panthers fell to 8-8.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- BSC won by the scores of 25-12, 25-20, 25-11.
- Set one stayed close to start, but BSC used a 12-1 run to pull ahead 17-5 and never looked back, winning by 13.
- The second set was much closer throughout, with LaGrange using a couple of small scoring runs to stay on BSC's heels. Then, with BSC leading by one, 19-18, the home Panthers used a 6-2 run to end the set.
- BSC had little trouble in set three, allowing LaGrange to score only 11 points while hitting .409 with only one error.
- Freshman Jeneva Salter led all players with nine kills.
- Senior setter Katie McCormack posted a match-high 24 assists.
- Senior libero Lauren Bedford led all players with 12 digs.
- BSC travels to face Sewanee this Saturday at 1 p.m., and Centre this Sunday at 12 p.m. ET.